The Downunder Drive Tourist, Events & Entertainment Precinct is a successful tourism landmark located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Home
to Aussie World, The Pub and The Shed is a successful tourism landmark located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. The precinct features a family
theme park with over 30 rides and attractions, iconic tourist pub, The Shed, a function and events centre and a specialty retail shopping village.
There is a huge transformation and expansion project going on here and we need your help to pull it off!
We are more than 200 deeply passionate “Funsters” who seize opportunity, embrace change and use our skills to enhance the well-being of guests.
We are imaginative, passionate, entrepreneurial, simple & fast. We are looking for dynamic and flexible people to contribute innovative ideas
to the company's and their own success.
Come join us in sharing our mission, culture and vision for the future.
Aussie World has the following positions vacant.
Peak Time Casual Staff
We are looking for people interested in working during our peak times, including weekends, school holidays and special events.
Aussie World Rides Attendant
This is a rewarding position for the right person, who is at least 18 years of age and likes working outdoors in the beautiful Queensland climate.
The primary role of a rides attendant is to ensure Aussie World guests feel welcome while they enjoy a safe and secure ride.
Our Guest Relations team will invest time and energy to provide on the job training, ensuring the successful candidates are competent to operate
our rides. This is a great opportunity for University or TAFE students looking to learn some new skills while studying.
We will be running a series of intakes between now and 1st September 2019.
So if this sounds like you and you are:
- Interested in working weekends, the occasional evening event and holiday's
- Have a passion for smiling and engaging with people
- An entertainer at heart
- Interested in the tourism and hospitality industry
- Eager to learn new skills
Aussie World Fun Shop
We are looking for a retail superstar and second in charge for our Aussie World Fun Shop.
- Are you an outstanding retail sales person?
- Do you love engaging with people?
- Do you have experience in the tourism industry?
If this sounds like you please apply.
About the opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated second in charge to join our Fun Shop located at Aussie World.
- You will be selling unique toys, gifts and souvenirs for everyone. The Fun Shop caters to all ages and interests.
- Building relationships with locals and tourists, making a lasting impression.
- Help our guests find that special something from our wonderful range.
- Work closely with the Retail Manager and take ownership of your own products.
- Be available to work on a 7 day a week roster.
- Be able to work weekends and some evenings
Skills and experience:
- Outstanding sales skills.
- The ability to upsell.
- The ability to confidently close a sale.
- A passion for exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience building relationships with people.
- Experience building relationships with people.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of administrative duties required for ordering.
- Exceptional merchandising skills.
- Previous experience in the Tourism industry an advantage.
- Exceptional time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Immaculate professional presentation.
- A positive 'can do' attitude with high energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- A mature character with the ability to relate to discerning clients.
This permanent party time position is available to the right person, starting at 30 hours a week.
Please send all expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org