The Downunder Drive Tourist, Events & Entertainment Precinct is a successful tourism landmark located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Home
to Aussie World, The Pub and The Shed is a successful tourism landmark located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. The precinct features a family
theme park with over 30 rides and attractions, iconic tourist pub, The Shed, a function and events centre and a specialty retail shopping village.
There is a huge transformation and expansion project going on here and we need your help to pull it off!
We are more than 200 deeply passionate “Funsters” who seize opportunity, embrace change and use our skills to enhance the well-being of guests.
We are imaginative, passionate, entrepreneurial, simple & fast. We are looking for dynamic and flexible people to contribute innovative ideas
to the company's and their own success.
Come join us in sharing our mission, culture and vision for the future.
Aussie World has the following positions vacant.
Fun Cafe - Second in Charge
Aussie World is currently seeking hospitality leaders who thrive in a busy environment and enjoy being part of the team.
We are looking for an experienced second in charge from a similar environment who excels in leading and developing people to build business, who
has a business mind and understands service and sales.
You will be passionate about guest service and ensure your team go above and beyond to create a welcome environment for everyone that walks through
The right person will have the following skills:
- Leading and coaching a team to work effectively and efficiently, inspiring others to learn and develop
- Building a customer focused team who can relate to all walks of life
- Working with the cafe manager to manage costs in business to meet targets and identify opportunities to build the business
- Managing all areas of the cafe front and back of house
- Cooking good food for hungry families, while maintaining a positive and happy attitude
Joining as a second in charge you need to have experience of managing a similar food and beverage environment, a passion for coffee, fun, good
work ethics and have customers' best interests at heart.
Benefits and Culture:
- Great working lifestyle on the Sunshine Coast
- Advance your career with a professional challenge - working closely with the cafe manager
- Great staff benefits across the Aussie World precinct
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience working in cafe or hospitality management
- Experience in leadership/management role is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn and take on challenges
- A positive and upbeat attitude
Please send all expressions of interest to email@example.com
by April 26th.
Entertainment - Audio and Visual Technician
Aussie World is currently seeking a creative entertainer with Audie & Visual experience.
We are looking for a creative Audio and Visual Technician, interested in working directly with the Entertainment Manager to produce professional
If you are interested in working during our peak times, including weekends, school holidays and special events and have a passion for creative
industries, we have the perfect casual position for you.
About the role:
- Be an active member of the entertainment team
- Carrying out set-up and pack-down of a wide range of audio visual and staging equipment
- Provisioning of audio visual equipment throughout the venue for a wide range of functions and live events
- Assist with operational system checks and troubleshooting
- Assist with the storage and maintenance of audio visual equipment to ensure inventory remains in working order
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar role within a similar environment
- An understanding of fundamental audio visual and IT principles, such as data and signal flow, electrical distribution, lighting and video projection,
soldering, cable assembly and AV installation
- The ability to remain composed while working under pressure
- Good communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- A high level of detail
- The ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Qualifications in a technical discipline (i.e. audio engineering or video production) will be advantageous
- Forklift or Elevated Work Platform Certificate (desirable)
Please send all expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26th.