The Aussie World Tourist, Events & Entertainment Precinct is a successful tourism landmark home to Aussie World, Banana Bender Pub and The
Shed located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. The precinct features a family theme park with over 30 rides and attractions, iconic tourist
pub, a function and events centre and a specialty retail shopping village. There is a huge transformation and expansion project going on here
and we need your help to pull it off!
We are more than 200 deeply passionate “Funsters” who seize opportunity, embrace change and use our skills to enhance the well-being of guests.
We are imaginative, passionate, entrepreneurial, simple & fast. We are looking for dynamic and flexible people to contribute innovative ideas
to the company's and their own success.
Come join us in sharing our mission, culture and vision for the future.
We are looking for people interested in working during our peak times, including weekends, currently, we have openings for PEAK TIME CASUAL STAFF
for the positions:
Aussie World Rides Operators
This is a rewarding position for the right person, who is 18 years of age and likes working outdoors in the beautiful Queensland climate. The primary
role of a ride’s operator is to ensure Aussie World guests feel welcome, while they enjoy a safe and secure ride.
Our Guest Relations Team will invest time and energy to provide on the job training, ensuring the successful candidates are competent to operate
our rides. This is a great opportunity for University or TAFE students looking to learn some additional skills and earn some money while studying.
So, if this sounds like you and you are:
• Interested in working weekends, the occasional evening event and holiday’s
• Have a passion for smiling and engaging with people
• An entertainer at heart
• Interested in the tourism and hospitality industry
• Eager to learn new skills
Please send your resume to email@example.com
We are seeking a 1st year Horticultural Apprentice to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a school leaver or mature aged person
seeking to gain a trade and work in the outdoors on the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
In this role you will undertake garden bed maintenance and planting, as well as mulching, weed control and hedging. You will undertake irrigation
duties and mowing and brush cutting as required. You will receive training in plant and pest identification as well as in the operation
To be successful you should:
- Have a passion for plants, gardening and landscaping
- Be keen and excited about a career as a Horticulturalist
- Be physically fit and capable
- Be punctual (6 am starts), reliable and have a good work ethic
- Enjoy working within a team setting and communicate effectively with others
- Committed to completing study as required
- Have reliable transport
If you are interested in this great career opportunity, please apply to Vacancy #15976 on the MEGT website (MEGT job link https://www.megt.com.au/jobs/15976)
Entertainment Actors & Performers
We are seeking outgoing charismatic personalities interested in casual employment within our entertainment area, some regular positions as well
as during our peak times, including weekends, school holidays as well as for special events throughout the year
Aussie World Entertainers
- If you have a talent for entertaining, a feel for fun and a passion to engage with people you will love working at Aussie World in performance
- Looking for all round female and male performers with vocal ability, to play roles such as princesses and Prince Charming, pirates, the nutty
professor, horror and more, must be bubbly, great customer service skills and perform with joy
- Male performers must be athletic build at least 5’6 and taller if possible, with great performance charisma
- Female performers must be at least 5’6 , happy go lucky and adaptable in performance roles from horror to fairytale
So, if this sounds like you and you are:
- An entertainer at heart - able to sing and dance and perform confidently
- Able to interact with and provide excellent customer service
- Flexible to adapt to all circumstances and characters
- Must have own reliable transport
- Application - Resume, cover letter and head shots to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking applications now for immediate start!
Mechanical Fitter and Turner
Exciting new opportunity!!
As we embark on the final stages of commissioning our two exciting new rides, we are seeking additional trade qualified Mechanical Fitter/Turners
to join our Rides Engineering team and help us achieve our vision.
In this role you will ensure the correct and safe operation of amusement rides and attractions as well as undertake preventative maintenance programs
including daily, monthly and annual schedules for all plant and equipment as directed. You will also provide a timely response to maintenance
requests and utilise effective fault finding and troubleshooting skills to minimise downtime and impact on guest experience. You will also
assist with materials management, including storage of spare parts inventory in collaboration with the Maintenance Planner and Rides Engineering
To be successful you should have:
- A minimum of 2 years post trade experience within a manufacturing, mining, theme park, large technical workshop or similar industrial environment.
- Formal trade qualifications - Fitter/Turner.
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic system and ability to demonstrate diagnostic and repair skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to achieve outcomes within set timeframes.
- Sound ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to use initiative and work effectively within a team situation.
- Strong safety mindset in all facets of work.
- Flexibility with working hours is essential as scheduled weekend and evening work is a requirement of this role.
Additional qualifications required
- Blue/White card general construction induction card
- Current manual Drivers licence
Additional qualifications that would be an advantage include (Forklift Licence/EWP Licence/Working at Heights Ticket/Current First Aid Certificate/Confined
Please apply email@example.com